Well readers, today was the first day of the D23 wherein was the highly-anticipated animation panel! Here are some news we got from there regarding the upcoming animated Disney films!
- We knew that there was an untitled animated film scheduled for April 12, 2019. Now we found out that the (still untitled) film will be a tribute to aviation and/or space. It seems to be a film taking place in the Planes universe. Rockets, perhaps? Or Shuttles? Anyway, it looks nice from a visually aesthetic point of view!
WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS:
- We knew that Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 is due to be released on November 21, 2018. We now know of a new character that will appear in the film: Yesss (with three s’s), voiced by Taraji P. Henson. Yesss seems to be an expert of the Internet and will guide Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope through it, apparently. She also has the ability to change her style based on the popular Internet trend of the moment. There will also be a scene where Vanellope meets CG versions of all the other Disney Princesses with their original voice actresses (those still alive, of course) back to reprise their roles.
- We didn’t get any more news regarding the 2019 Frozen 2, other than the fact that the film’s title is set to change in the future.
- We’ve learned the name of one of the songs in the upcoming 2017 film, Coco. It’s called Remember Me and is written by the Lopez’s of Frozen fame.
- The Incredibles 2, planned for a June 15, 2018 release, will start RIGHT where its predecessor ended! So, that probably means we’ll see more of John Ratzenberger’s Underminer character. Also, the sequel seems to be more focused around the character of Elastigirl. The family will also still be ignorant of Jack-Jack’s super powers. Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Sarah Vowell, and Samuel L. Jackson will reprise their roles. Huck Milner is joining the cast as the voice of Dash, replacing Spencer Fox.
- Regarding the 2019 film, Toy Story 4, Josh Cooley will be directing the film, NOT John Lasseter. It appears that an RV may play a part in the film somewhat and that there will be a new paper doll character named Lulu.
- The most interesting news to come out from this panel is that Pixar has announced an original untitled film of theirs about a “suburban fantasy” world. It’s being directed by Dan Scanlon (Monsters University) and takes place in a world where magic once existed, but isn’t practiced anymore. There are no humans in this world, only mythical creatures such as elves, trolls, and unicorns. Unicorns are actually so rampantly abundant that they’re seen as pests and eat garbage! The film will be about two brothers on a quest to track down their lost father.
And that was pretty much all the news we got today. I personally am really excited about this untitled Pixar film! And I’m as excited for The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, and Frozen 2 as I was before; these new announcements haven’t increased or decreased my desire to see the films at all. Wreck-It Ralph 2, on the other hand, I’m honestly not excited for as I wasn’t a big fan of the first film and I’m not liking what I’m hearing about the sequel so far. But, I’m hoping it’ll be good. Finally, the aviation/space film from DisneyToon Studios seems….harmless enough and has a nice look to it. I’m not expecting much from it though.
What do you all think of today’s news? Which films are you interested in seeing? Let me know in the comments below!